1, 2 or 3 Hour Beekeeping Experience specifically tailored to meet you needs.
Whether you have no experience with bees at all, a little experience, or a lot…there’s a session that will suit you.
We can work with either your bees on site or at one of my Apairies, this will be arranged once we have discussed what aims you’d like to achieve.
Some experiences might include:
- Opening a hive for the first time.
- Basic health inspections and compliant record keeping.
- Honey production and harvesting.
- Swarm prevention and splitting a hive.
- Long live the Queen…or maybe not…requeening a hive.
- Work with different types of hives: Wooden Langstroth, Paradise Honey (poly) hives, Warre, Kenyan Top Bar, Flow Hive.
- How to process your wax and what you can do with it – candles, wax food wraps, beauty products, furniture polish…and the best bi-product of washing wax – fermenting your own Mead.
- Your environment and the bees – how to create a healthy, sustainable space for bees.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
- Equipment can be supplied, or arranged to be purchased in advance.
- Experience Booking times need to be flexible and are always subject to weather conditions.
- Be prepared to pay for additional time eg: sometimes requeening a hive can take longer than expected.
- You will be contacted after purchasing to discuss the finer details of your specific experience and to arrange an appropriate time.